Safety in the Jewelry Studio
1. Always wear safety glasses when cutting metal and using equipment.
2. Keep hair tied back and pinned up if hair is very long.
3. Do not wear articles of clothing or jewelry that hang off the body.
4. All clothing must be 100% natural fibers or natural fiber/synthetic blend. No acrylic.
5. Do not wear open toed or open heeled footwear (i.e., flip-flops, sandals or clogs) in the jewelry studio. Wear long pants during class.
6. Do not use any equipment without an instructor present.
7. Jewelry classes involving soldering are not appropriate for pregnant women.
8. Do not eat anything in class. All drinks should have a lid that keeps contaminating particles from being accidentally ingested.
In connection with my involvement in jewelry/metalsmithing art classesat Salt City Smithery LLC, I hereby release Salt City Smithery LLC., its agents, representatives, successors, or assignees, including Salt City Smithery LLC. management and employees, from all liabilities, actions, claims, damages, demands, costs, and expenses which I am now or in the future have against them, arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in art classes, including enroute to or from the program or its related events.
I understand that the waiver includes, but is not limited to, all injuries to me and or loss of injuries to any personal property. I also understand that this waiver includes, but is not limited to, any claims that are based on my alleged negligence or any other action or inaction of any of the above parties.